Getting Started

Hello readers!

I am a CSE student at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. I have recently been selected as a student in GSoC 2019 under the open source organization  National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB). I will be working on the project - "Extending ModelPolisher to a universal annotation tool". I am really thankful to Google and NRNB for accepting my proposal and especially to my mentors Jun.-Prof. Dr Andreas Dräger, Dr Matthias König, Thomas Jakob Zajac who also helped me prepare the proposal. I look forward to learning extensively this summers.
This blog series is dedicated to sharing my progress in the project throughout the GSoC period. As I will be working on ModelPolisher tool, here is a brief introduction of ModelPolisher and my project:
ModelPolisher is a tool which accesses BiGG Models Knowledgebase to annotate and autocomplete SBML models. My project aims towards extending ModelPolisher annotation capabilities for models lacking BiGG IDs, producing separate glossary files and embedding them in COMBINE archive, containerization of ModelPolisher, and updating ModelPolisher to software development standards. You can find details in the GSoC proposal here.

Currently, as the coding period has not yet started, I am setting up the development environment and understanding the codebase, while simultaneously refining my work plan and project timeline. For any further discussion, you may contact me here: Email - ktrivedi@cs.iitr.ac.in Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaustubh-trivedi/ Thank You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Report: GSoC 2019

Week 9, 10

Week 12